To Drive or not To Drive?
10 realities of Self-Driving versus joining an Organized Tour to the Pinnacles Desert in Western Australia
1. The knowledge your tour guide is invaluable. Their experience and knowledge of the region’s flora & fauna, the indigenous importance of the area as well as secret viewing locations and attractions gives you the full experience in a safe and fun environment.
2. If you’re the designated driver, you will have a great view of the tarmac but miss the beauty of the countryside. Let someone else do the driving so you can sit back and take it all in.
3. Enjoy a beer or wine over lunch? Not if you’re driving.
4. Have your meals catered for; after all, you are on vacation! On a guided tour, your meals are prepared for you, so you don’t have to queue up at a café, order and then wait for your meal to be served…and then pay the bill.
5. Want to try your hand at Sand-Boarding in Lancelin? Some days the number of people wanting the same thing is huge. Travel Western Australia has its own Sand-Boards for you to use…no waiting, just hit the slopes as soon as you arrive at Lancelin
6. It’s cheaper! Yes, it can be if you have a group and are sharing the costs of the vehicle hire, fuel, entrance fees to the National Parks, meals etcetera. But, do you see and experience everything?
7. It’s faster! Yes, it certainly is if you’re speeding, but why would you want to speed through such beautiful countryside? You’re on vacation…there’s no rush.
8. I love freedom and flexibility to stop where I want, for as long as I want! Generally, most holiday makers will allow one day to visit the Pinnacles Desert & Turquoise Coast, which really means that you have a limited time at each attraction anyway, regardless of freedom and flexibility.
9. It’s more fun! What could be more fun that joining a group of people, all on vacation, relaxed and looking for a good time.
10. I don’t like talking to friendly people from around the world…said no-one, ever! Imagine meeting people from all over the world, all walks of life, coming together for the same purpose of seeing and experiencing the Pinnacles Desert. You already have something in common and heck, you may even make some life-long friends…I know I have!